Monday, February 25, 2013

Insanity Day #2. Oh gosh, moving pushups!

Insanity Day 2: Cardio Power & Resistance. Oh gosh. I feel like the first 10 minutes of Insanity I'm like, "okay... I want to stop." Haha. But Shaun T pushes me and I don't want to give up. So, I don't. It gets better and I feel amazing after the workout.

It's been... about 1/2 a year since I've done Insanity, I think (with the exception of yesterday). I forgot all about the moving push-ups. I'm so uncoordinated. Oh, how I hate those. Insanity actually helped me get stronger/better at pushups.

Normal push-ups aren't my favorite, but they're fine.  Triangle pushups are fine. Moving pushups...not-so-much. I just have so much difficulty coordination-wise. Also, there was another quick move that I had trouble keeping up with. I know I'll get better with time. Motivation.


The jumping/plyo wasn't so bad. I remember the first time I did month 1 of Insanity, I struggled immensely. Now I'm able to keep up with them. Afterwards I did the ~13 min Blogilates' Victoria's Secret Ab Workout.

I've done this several times before in combination with other Blogilates workouts... But following Insanity, I had difficulty in keeping my legs straight. Or even up. I still want to do a short Pilates workout right after my Insanity workouts though to stretch and get more flexible as well as add in some more strength-training. I was going to try to do another ab routine of hers afterwards, but my arms and body were shaking too much, haha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Beverages: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of green tea, several glasses of filtered water. Going to drink 1 cup detox tea before bed.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 TB peanut butter (Trader Joe's All Natural PB is soooo creamy), 1 spoonful of stevia, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 TB of cinnamon, 1 handful of walnuts, 2 TB of flaxseeds. Topped with pepitas (pumpkin seeds), drizzled with raw honey and topped with almond milk. I prefer steel cut oats, but this is really easy/quick to make.

Snack 1: handful of almonds.

Lunch: Whole wheat penne. A little over 1/2 cup. I measured out 1/2 cup, but there was about 1/4 cup more, so I just added it in. So full. Anyway. Sauteed 2 tomatoes, 4 garlic cloves (um.... I really like garlic), and 3 cups of spinach in 1 TB of coconut oil with some red pepper chili flakes. Added in the pasta and added a squeeze of lemon, some EVOO, salt and pepper, shredded a little bit of Raw Organic Cheddar Cheese and topped with toasted pine nuts.

Snack 2: Green smoothie. Juiced 2 carrots and mixed that with filtered water for the base. Added in 1 scoop of Trader Joe's Very Green Supplement Powder and 1 scoop of Muscle Milk Light Vanilla (not my favorite... too sweet. Can't add bananas when using this. I want to use it up though). Then added in raspberries, 2 strawberries and blended. I usually like to add in flaxseeds if I use berries (the texture doesn't change), but had some for breakfast... and like to use cucumber for the base with some almond/coconut milk but ran out. :(.

Dinner: Not so hungry as lunch was sort of big for me. Ate the other half of the block of Trader Joe's Organic Sprouted Tofu with some soy sauce and ate 6 broccoli florets raw.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I felt I ate fairly healthy today. I used to eat pasta all the time. Now,  I can't remember the last time I had it. It was comforting on this rainy day though and love how fresh it tastes with the lemon, garlic, spinach and tomatoes. I tend to avoid sauces, as they red ones can be full of sugar and the whites ones, well, you know... tend to have more saturated fats, etc. and they're more processed, which is something I try to avoid. I have been able to find a few red sauces that don't have much sugar... but they tend to be fairly expensive.

Grocery shopping tomorrow to pick up some more veggies. And almond milk. 

I might start adding pictures for the food section. I don't know yet. I usually eat really, really simple meals. If I do something more complex, I usually make a lot so that I'll have leftovers. I'm thinking of trying to "meal prep." I've never been so good at meal planning, but this would make it easier (though my meals don't take me a long time to prepare...).

------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! And I checked my measurements today. Basically, my body's stayed the same proportion-wise. I lost 1" in my thighs though! I thought they'd be the last to start budging (they barely budged at all, even when I was losing weight all last year) as I tend to hold some weight in them.

My weight's been all-over the place this week, but I think that's because I'm getting my workouts in again and building muscle, etc. I went up 6 pounds one day and then it went back down to 139 the next (I always check mornings, before eating/drinking). However, the scale doesn't reflect much. I'm just curious, haha. I don't let it affect my mood/workouts/eating habits.

I tried on a jacket that a few months I couldn't button and it's my perfect size now. Score! Best feeling in the world.

I have another "goal" piece of clothing now. So, I ordered jeans online. Something I never do, but Vanity was having an amazing sale in December and most of my other ones are too large. I ordered one in a 6 and another in a 4. The 6 was a perfect fit, when I got them. They're slightly loose on me now. The 4 I ordered mainly due to the fact that they were sold out of all other sizes and I adored them. One was $9-- and the other was $12--- (originally one was supposed to be $60 and the other $79, so this was a great deal). Best jeans I've ever owned. And I don't even like jeans, but I now I'm always reaching for the 6 pair. I feel Vanity's jeans' sizes are slightly smaller than the other jean brands I own, but that tends to happen. Sizes can vary drastically from company to company. Like, for instance, my other brand jeans that are a 5 are much bigger than Vanity's 6. Anyway, I can't wait until I can wear the 4 comfortably, as they're so adorable! I can wear them now, but they're tight and give me a "muffin top." Not at all flattering or comfortable. So, they wait in the closet until I can wear them.

Anyone else dread jean shopping? I think part of the reason is because different companies have different sizes, so you have to try on a few and to me, they're not as comfortable (but in the winter, they are warm, I'll give in to that). I hate when I try on a pair that are too small, because I get this claustrophobic feeling. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo. Haha.

Do you keep any "goal clothes?" My first one was a dress I ordered from Forever 21. It was a form-fitting zip-up dress. I ordered it online, but it was too small and wouldn't zip up. It ended up staying in my closet for 2 years. It finally fit me last summer. Love wearing it, and it makes me feel so proud, accomplished and confident to wear it as it reminds me of the hard work I went through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some things I need to get done tonight. Good night. :)

Love always,
Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment

web usage statistics